Tuesday 19 November 2013

Next Interviewee....Kat Caunter


I now have the pleasure to interview Kat Caunter, a fellow theatre fan and blogger.  She is the admin for Musical Theatre Appreciation Society on Facebook and reviews for Last Minutes Tickets.

Kat Caunter (Photo Credit: Kat Caunter)
Please tell me how you’ve got into musical theatre and/or theatre general in the first place?

I got into musical theatre by doing quite a bit of drama at Primary school. Because I liked it my mum took me to see Joseph in Nottingham which was good but not too impressive. Then when I was 10 years old we went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and I fell in love with the whole genre. The next show we saw was Mary Poppins which I loved but then my friend started going on about this show Wicked when I was 11/12 years old and said we should go and see it together well from then I was hooked particularly after seeing West End Live the first time. Bit random but that's basically it.

What inspired you to get into blogging?

This is a bit of a strange one but quite simple. I've got a friend who runs a beauty blog who was getting really successful so I thought why not do it for musical theatre? And here we go!

What have been your favourite posts you’ve blogged/reviewed? 

I love reviewing all shows because I love writing and seeing musicals. Saying that though reviewing my favourites (Wicked, Priscilla and Newsies) are always fun. I, also, had fun when I got to review Spamalot for Last MinuteTickets, but really reviewing all musicals is great.

What have been the highlights of your blogging/reviewing journey?

I'd probably say that the highlight of my blogging journey was being asked by Last Minute Tickets to review Spamalot as this meant free tickets to see the show and going to the press section and getting free drinks. It's, also, good when the stars of musicals retweet or comment back to you...that leaves me really happy.

Kat Caunter with Oliver Thornton, Rocky Horror Show, 2013 (Photo Credit: Kat Caunter)
Are there any shows/performers that you haven’t reviewed/interviewed that you would like to?

I would really love to interview any star from a musical although Oliver Tompsett, Oliver Thornton, Kerry Ellis and Idina Menzel I would LOVE to do. As for shows I'd love to so La Cage Aux Folles and I Love You Because...and all the new ones.

What shows do you recommend which are currently playing in the West End or on tour nationally?

I'd really recommend Wicked (Apollo Victoria) and Priscilla (UK Tour) as people who read my blog could predict . As for a slightly random one I'd really recommend One Man, Two Guvnors (Theatre Royal Haymarket) as it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'll probably think of loads more in the coming days but for now those are my definite recommended shows.

What is your piece of advice would you give for anyone who is new to blogging/reviewing?

Kat Caunter with Regan Shepherd, Farrah/Young Bernadette in Priscilla, 2003 (Photo Credit: Kat Caunter)
Probably just be yourself and be nice and chatty with your readers. Don't write too much (I know this is coming from me who can write for England!). Finally, just give it a go, you won't lose anything from trying!

Finally, what has been your 2013 theatre highlights?

Theatre highlights of 2013 at the moment are going to New York and seeing Pippin, Kinky Boots, Wicked (again) and NEWSIES (one of my new favourites). I better, also, include following the Priscilla tour around, including going to Belfast!!!
May I take an opportunity to say a big thank you to Kat for taking part in this interview.  She can be contacted on Twitter @GreenGirlsRox and also her blog.

Please keep tuned for my next interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment