Sunday 17 November 2013

My First Interviewee...Alexandra Sadler

Hi all...Here is a series of interviews which I'm conducting over the next few weeks with fellow musical fans and bloggers.  The aim of the interviews is to share with one another our love for the theatre and the arts .  So here we go!


My first interviewee is Alexandra Sadler, a fellow theatre fan, blogger and a reviewer for Londontheatre1.

Alexandra Sadler (Credit: Alexandra Sadler)

Please tell me how you’ve got into musical theatre and/or theatre general in the first place? 

My mum always read our bedtime stories as kids in the most fantastic voices.. I used to love the drama she put into bedtime reading! At school I was always first to audition for school plays and was Nancy in a school production of Oliver. My first theatre trip was to see Joesph and Technicolor Dream Coat on a school trip. Philip Schofield played Joesph. I was HOOKED from then on and studied drama at GCSE, A Level and Degree Level.


 

What inspired you to get into blogging/reviewing?

My passion for theatre, I want to talk about it all the time to people and so to have the opportunity to review theatre and readers take my opinions seriously is a wonderful feeling after a lifetime of commitment to the arts.

What shows do you recommend which are currently playing in the West End or on tour nationally?

I am a Phanatic so would have to say Phantom. Have seen it 15 times and it never gets old. I can't get enough, the music, the passion, the costumes... its more then just another west end show. I also recommend Jersey Boys for a great feel good night out!  Play wise- currently in west end The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui (See my review on my blog). Wonderful thought provoking and unique production.


Alexandra with Scott Davies (Standby Phantom) (Credit: Alexandra Sadler)


Are there any shows/performers that you haven’t reviewed/interviewed that you would like to?

LOADS.  The commitments, Once and Mojo for starters. My next show will be From here to Eternity.

Finally, what has been your 2013 theatre highlights?

Seeing Marcus Lovett off on his last show as the Phantom with the rest of the Phans, saw both matinee and the evening and it was one of the best Phantom experiences I've had.

Alexandra with Marcus Lovett (Phantom during 2012/13) with Jo Wood (Credit: Alexandra Sadler)
May I take an opportunity to say a big thank you to Alexandra for taking part in this interview.  Please check out her website, her reviews on Londontheatre1.com and can be contacted on Twitter @VeryBettie.

Please keep tuned for my second interviewee....which is coming very soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment