Wednesday 5 February 2014

Not Once, But Thrice!

 



A third visit to Once was my second show on my London theatre trip at the end of January.  Once has become one of my favourite shows and it's worth queuing for a day seat no matter how cold the weather is!





I've had a great seat in the front stalls and got it at a day seat rate! It was nice to sit a bit further back instead of my usual front seat.  It was great to see and meet up with Lindsay, a fellow Phantom fan and who was seeing the show for the first time (and no doubt the last!).  We had a catch up in the bar and a drink on the stage and listen to the cast warming up with the first musical numbers.  Drinking on the stage was an experience in it myself as I haven't bought a drink before.  I also treated myself to the original Broadway Cast Recording and I just can't stop listening to it ever since!

We didn't have Declan Bennett as the Guy that evening so I had the opportunity of seeing David Hunter performing the role instead.  We also had the understudy for Reza.  He was excellent along Zrinka Cvitešić, Ryan Fletcher, Valda Aviks and company. In all, the cast was on fire tonight and their positive energy was reflected on the stage throughout the performance.

It was a better view seeing it from a bit further back in the stalls but I won't pay the ridiculous prices (a top price for a ticket is 69.50 gbp plus booking fees)!!! But the offer of bargains at day seat prices (25.00 gbp) are very welcome!  Looking forward to my 4th visit very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment