Tuesday 23 December 2014

Aladdin, A Cast Pantomime (My Personal Thoughts)

 

I usually don't see pantomimes on stage however I was curious to see CAST's production of Aladdin this season.  My friend and I know Matthew Bugg and Tobias Oliver, writers for this pantomime, after seeing their production Miss Nightingale earlier this year.  I also know some of the creators in this production from past CAST and regional productions which I've seen and thoroughly enjoyed.  The talented production team involved motivated me to see Aladdin.

We were entertained from beginning to end soon as we were transported to Doncastistan, the fictional location for the story.  I loved how the local references were adapted to tell the story for which the CAST productions are renowned for and there is a nice community belonging for the local audiences.

There is something for everybody in the pantomime with Alan French's Widow Twanky which has the lines and innuendos for adult members of the audience and how the cast drew in its younger members to participate in the show.  The live music playing familiar songs offer the audience to create their own story of Aladdin with well known songs which fitted in perfectly the universal messages raised.

Good to see Brett Lee Roberts again after seeing him in The Glee Club last year and this year in Northern Broadsides An August Bank Holiday Lark at West Yorkshire Playhouse this year.  Great Pantomime which its package of performance, music, costumes and sets guarantees a good lighthearted and entertaining evening at CAST!

CAST's next year pantomime, Sleeping Beauty, is on next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment