Saturday 7 December 2013

Next Interviewee....Rachael Farrow

I now would like to introduce Rachael Farrow, a fellow theatre and a Les Miserables Fan. 

Rachael Farrow
Photo Credit: Rachael Farrow
 
Please tell me how you got into musical theatre/theatre in general? 

I first got into musical theatre because both my parents love it so i grew up watching movie musicals like Grease and Calamity Jane. I loved Disney so my mum took me to see my first West End show which was Beauty and the Beast when I was 5 years old.  I was a fidgety child so she was worried i would grow bored but from the first note the orchestra played I was transfixed the whole way through, and so it began! My parents took me to see so many West End shows as a child but once I'd seen the Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Concert on DVD that was when i knew that i wanted to sing and act for a living and so I've started piano lessons and singing lessons and am hoping to do a degree in musical theatre now. 

Rachael with John Owen Jones
Photo Credit: Rachael Farrow
 
 What have been the highlights of your musical theatre journey? 

I think my major highlight was being in the audience at the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary ConcertLea Salonga has been a hero of mine since watching the 10th anniversary and that was the first time I'd ever seen her live so it was an amazing experience and one that i will never forget!  Another was performing on stage at Her Majesty's Theatre which was completely surreal after having watched The Phantom of the Opera there so many times. 

Rachael with Ramin Karimloo
Photo Credit: Rachael Farrow
 
 What shows do you recommend that are currently playing in the West End or Regionally? 

Well I will always recommend Les Miserables because it is my favourite show and is always awesome but I also think The Bodyguard is great if you are looking for a really fun night out. There are also some great plays on at the moment like Mojo and One Man Two Guvnors

Are there any shows that you haven’t seen that you would like to?

I am completely desperate to see Once - I love the music and have been trying to find a time to go and also The Jersey Boys which i still haven't seen - I'm going to try and go before it moves theatres. I'd also like to see The Book of Mormon but tickets are just so expensive 

 What have been your theatrical highlights in 2013? 

There have been so many this year! Seeing Patti Lupone in concert is at the top of the list, I was never a massive fan but thought how amazing it would be to see the original Fantine and Norma Desmond but she was phenomenal and I left a fan for life. I also loved seeing the Scott Alan concert at the 02 and Miranda sings. In terms of theatre I think getting to see Heather Headley in The Bodyguard - her voice is just astounding! I also loved getting to go to the Whats On Stage Awards which were fabulous! 

What show are you planning to see next? 

I know that I'm definitely seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the end of December as a Christmas present and have just got tickets for Blithe Spirit next year. I'm going to try and get to From Here To Eternity before it closes and I desperately want to see Miss Saigon in the new year.

I would like to thank Rachael for taking part.  She can be followed on @rach158 on Twitter.  Please keep tuned for more interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment