Sunday 1 December 2013

Next Interviewee....Shannon-Aimee Bradley


I would now like to interview Shannon-Aimee Bradley who is a fellow musical theatre/theatre fan and is a member of the North Canterbury Musical Society.  She is currently training at the National Academy of Singing and Dramatic Art in New Zealand.



Shannon-Aimee Bradley, Pre-show photo from Senior Year Production
(Photo Credit: Shannon-Aimee Bradley)

Please tell me how you got into musical theatre/theatre in general? 

I've been performing since I was a child, and we've always had family that were heavily involved in the arts. I started dancing tap jazz and ballet, and also singing lessons at the age of four and have never looked back!

What have been the highlights of your musical theatre journey? 

Finally getting to see Wicked live this year, and opening up to new styles of performance that I don't think I would have previously looked at as an option for myself!

Shannon-Aimee at Stage Door at Wicked with Jemma Rix
(Photo credit: Shannon-Aimee Bradley)

What shows do you recommend that are currently playing in the West End or Regionally? 

Definitely Les Miserables, it's a personal favourite of mine and the cast are absolutely flawless and Wicked and The Phantom of the Opera also are amazing. If there is ever a nearby showing of Once on this Island I definitely recommend the show- It's only one act but the way the story and music reflect of each other is just beautiful.

Are there any shows that you haven’t seen that you would like to? 

The list is very long, but to name a few - I'd love to see a professional production of The Scarlet Pimpernel, and I'd definitely love to see 1789 in person.

What have been your theatrical highlights in 2013? 

Auditioning and gaining a role in one of New Zealand Opera's productions, becoming a member of the North Canterbury Musical Society and getting to perform in Oliver with them and making some of my best friends through that cast. Also auditioning for and getting into the National Academy of Singing and Dramatic Art here in New Zealand.

 Stage Door at New Zealand Opera's The Flying Dutchman
(Photo Credit: Shannon-Aimee Bradley)


What show are you planning to see next? 

I've recently booked tickets to go see a production of Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado at The Court Theatre in Christchurch, so I'm really excited for that.

I would like to say a big thanks to Shannon-Aimee for taking part in this interview.  Please keep tuned for more exciting interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment