Tuesday 1 March 2016

Personal Thoughts: Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty, Alhambra Theatre, Bradford - 27th February 2016

My lovely niece and I went to see Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty at Bradford's Alhambra theatre. I first saw the production there back in 2013! Loved it! You can read my personal thoughts here.

Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty


My niece loved it too and thought it was dramatic.  Seeing it for the second time made me appreciate the key themes such as good versus evil, growing up and womanhood and rebirth.  The tale certainly fed multiple imaginations with an eclectic mix of fairies and vampires in decadent settings.  The 'Once Upon A Time' Sleeping Beauty once again showed Matthew Bourne's supreme innovation and reinvention of characters which some 'Lived Happily Ever After'.  It was a pleasure to see Cordelia Braithwaite starring as Aurora; Chris Trenfield as Leo; and Liam Mower as Carabosse/Caradoc.  




No comments:

Post a Comment