Friday 29 November 2013

Next Interviewee....Julie Moriarty

 I now have the pleasure to interview Julie Moriarty, a fellow theatre fan and a lover of Alan Bennett plays.

Julie Moriarty

Please tell me how you got into musical theatre/theatre in general? 

Always from a young age my Grandma took me to theatre - Tommy Steele in Singin The Rain at the Beck Theatre in Hayes. I moved into London at the age of 20 and started to see shows; We Will Rock You and Jersey Boys.  I then moved to Brighton in 2002 and re took up my love of theatre by seeing a melody of plays every Tuesday; Just Like ThatTommy Cooper Story, Taboo (Boy George story), Women In  a Van, Alan Bennett story and many more. Wherever I have moved to I seek out the theatre.  I'm very lucky to live in Leeds what with the Grand Theatre, West Yorkshire Playhouse and the Alhambra in Bradford. I have now seen loads of theatre there - 1984, Farm Boy (Michael Murpogo), Goalposts for Jumpers, Sweeney Todd, Loserville and Soul Sister (The story of Tina Turner) to name a few.

What have been the highlights of your musical theatre journeys?

I was very excited to see Luke Evans who I had seen in Taboo (The boy George story) in Brighton. This actor blew me away with his strong rocking sound and was just brilliant to watch. I went to see him in Rent at St Martin's Theatre in 2006/2007 starring with Denise Van Outen. Again I was in absolute awe of him, his acting and strength of voice, so fantastically powerful.

What shows do you recommend that are currently playing in the West End or Regionally?
I have just seen 1984 with was done fantastically. But the good one is Ghost, which I believe is touring round at  the moment. Do see it if you get the chance too.

(Taken from and photo Credit: http://www.ghostthemusical.com)
Are there any shows that you haven’t seen that you would like to? 
I believe I have seen what I would have like to seen although I'm looking forward to see War Horse in 2014 on the UK Tour.

 (Taken from and photo credit: http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk)

What have been your theatrical highlights in 2013?
I think Ghost was fantastic at the Grand Theatre, the effects were great and knowing that Dave Stewart out of the Eurthymics has a huge contribution to the music enhanced it.


What show are you planning to see next?

I am planning to see On The One Hand this week (commencing 18th November 2013) at the West Yorkshire Playhouse this week.

May I take an opportunity to say a big thank you to Julie for taking part in this interview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment