Saturday 30 November 2013

Next Interviewee....Gilly Langley

 
 Gilly Langley with Sheridan Smith, Noel Coward's Theatre
Photo Credit: Gilly Langley

I now have the pleasure to interview Gilly Langley, a fellow musical theatre and theatre fan! 
Please tell me how you got into musical theatre/theatre in general? 

Highlights are seeing Peter Pan with Bonnie Langford on Bonfire Night, aged 10 years old, at the Leeds Grand Theatre that really got me into musicals and theatre. 
What have been the highlights of your musical theatre journey?

I've never looked back after seeing Miss Saigon in London, which was amazing, then on tour and also following Bonnie Langford all over and saw everything she did.
What shows do you recommend that are currently playing in the West End or Regionally?
I recommend Matilda with genius lyrics and such an incredible piece of theatre.  I also love Billy Elliot blows my mind seeing the talent of the kids performing in a very powerful show

Are there any shows that you haven’t seen that you would like to?
I would love to see The Book of Mormon. I was really looking forward to the Bridget Jones musical but it isn't happening now

What have been your theatrical highlights in 2013?
Highlights of 2013 were working when Rent was at the City Variates and meeting Kerry Ellis.  Wow! Also working when 9-5 The musical was on at The Grand Theatre which was a great show.  Natalie Casey and Bonnie Langford came to say goodbye on the last night. 


Gilly Langley with Kerry Ellis, Leeds City Varieties
Photo Credit: Gilly Langley

What show are you planning to see next?
Planning to see Rent in concert again and Miss Saigon when it opens again in London's West End. My dream is to visit New York's Broadway and see a show.

May I take an opportunity to say a big thank you to Gilly for taking part in this interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment