Sunday 12 January 2014

Next interviewee...Lynette Woodhead

I now have the pleasure to interview Lynette Woodhead, a fellow theatre fan and a fan of Oliver Tompsett.

Lynette Woodhead (At Adelphi Theatre)
Photo Credit: Lynette Woodhead

Please tell me how you got into musical theatre/theatre in general?

I've been going to the theatre for as long as I can remember.  My mum took me to the pantomine and the ballet but the first thing I remember was seeing Sally Anne Howes (In The Chitty Bang Bang movie) in the The King and I which to me was the most beautiful thing.  So my musical journey began; Joseph led to Blood Brothers, Evita, which soon led me to my first West End show, They're Playing Our Song, and onto Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera and Miss Saigon.


What have been the highlights of your musical theatre journey? 

My favourite shows in the past have been Aspects of Love and Witches of Eastwick.  I have been lucky to see many greats, Elaine Paige, Stephanie Lawrence, Michael Ball, John Barrowman and Tommy SteeleMore recently I have found my huge love of Wicked which I've seen 10 times to date and my favorite performer at the moment is Oliver Tompsett in We Will Rock You.  I love all my new friends I've made on my journey and hope to meet those I haven't met yet one day.



Lynette Woodhead with Michael Ball (Sweeney Todd in 2012)
Photo Credit: Lynette Woodhead


Are there any shows that you haven’t seen that you would like to?  
  
Hope to get to see The Book of Mormon by means of the lottery one day. 

What have been your theatrical highlights in 2013?



 

 Lynette Woodhead at Apollo Victoria Theatre
Photo Credit: Lynette Woodhead


Enjoying my huge love of Wicked and seeing Oliver Tompsett in We Will Rock You.

What show are you planning to see next? 

I'm looking forward to this year to more We Will Rock You and have got Rock of Ages booked in my home town, Hull. 

May I say thanks to Lynette for taking part and please keep tuned for more interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment