Saturday 12 October 2013

Sushine on Leith

I went to see Sunshine on Leith at my local cinema yesterday (11th October 2013).  Beforehand, I've had heard mixed reviews.  However I wanted to judge for myself.  Subconsciously, I had a feeling I would enjoy it very much especially it being set in Scotland and the wonderful songs by the legendary Scottish Band, The Proclaimers.

Check out their Facebook page!

The movie starred Paul Branningan, Freya Mavor, George Mackay, Antonia Thomas, Peter Mullan, Jane Horrocks, Jason Flemyng and Kevin Guthrie.  They did a great job with their roles in the movie.  The movie celebrates and explores life of a close family and the three couples that are part of it.  Like life, they experience the good and not so good in their relationship journeys.  It fitted nicely to the incredible songs and music from The Proclaimers.  I loved the optimistic stance from the characters involved.  It made me feel feel good about myself and the opportunities in my future journeys especially next year!

Dexter Fletcher did a great job directing the movie based on the talented Stephen Greenhorn's film script.  A similar vein to Mamma Mia and a movie I highly recommend.  Seeing the movie reminded me of the happy times I had in Leith and Edinburgh from a number of trips I've made to Scotland's capital.  Here, below, are some photos from the special memories made there.


Photos from Leith








Photos from Edinburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment