Sunday 18 January 2015

What I'm looking forward to seeing in Yorkshire!

With renewed energy, dedication and focus I'm really excited seeing some amazing things this season and beyond in Yorkshire as a theatregoer and reviewer.


 York Theatre Royal



In Leeds:

Leeds has a very exciting theatre scene, not that I'm biased! This season and beyond is no different.

My first trip to see a production The Carriageworks is set! I've been there many times for work events but not to the theatre!  I;m not just seeing one production but four; Leeds Youth Opera's Sweeney Todd; Sell A Door's Jekyll & Hyde; The Honey Man; and Leeds Children's Theatre The Diary of Anne Frank.

I'm looking forward to seeing Christopher Haydon's Twelve Angry Men as well as supporting Northern Ballet and Opera North at the Leeds Grand TheatreWest Yorkshire Playhouse is blessed with a line up of some incredible productions such as Mark Rosenblatt's Uncle Vanya and visiting are the Phoenix Dance Theatre, Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird and one of my favourite plays, Birdsong.  And seeing and reviewing some exciting diverse and exciting dance productions at the Stanley and Audley Burton Theatre!


In Bradford:

A number of things have been booked but the most eagerly awaited production there must be Arthur Miller's View From A Bridge.


In Halifax:

Love supporting Square Chapel and booked to see Trails of Galieo at the end of January.  There will no doubt be more productions that I will plan to see this season and beyond.


In Doncaster:

I'm a regular visitor to its lovely CAST and I'm especially looking forward to seeing a number of things including local and touring productions.  I'm eagerly waiting to see what home grown productions they have planned this year - usually around CAST's birthday in September.


In Sheffield:

I'm looking forward to checking out Sheffield's theatre scene for the first time this year and have booked to see Sheffield Theatre's Play For Time and Pride and Prejudice productions at the Crucible.  I always love a Matthew Bourne/New Adventures production so I've booked The Car Man.


In York:

York Theatre Royal will be undergoing an eight month restoration.  The theatre will have an Open Day before closing its doors in March where there are opportunities for me to pay a personal tribute to my very happy theatre going and reviewing adventures there and wishing the theatre all the best for its restoration.  I look forward to supporting this amazing theatre during the eight months when they work in partnership with other key organisations and host productions at other venues across York.  I'm looking forward to seeing Romeo and Juliet at St Olave's Church and both In Fog and Falling Snow and The Railway Children at The National Railway Museum.

I plan to pay a visit to the city's other main theatre, Grand Opera House, where I plan to see a few productions there.

It will be a busy time in Yorkshire and hope to make side trips to England's North West for more theatre fun and learning!  Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment