Wednesday 5 February 2014

Next Interview....Wendy McCoy


I would like to now interview Wendy McCoy, a fellow musical theatre fan living in Canada.

Please tell me how you got into musical theatre/theatre in general?

I first experienced musical theatre in Toronto when my Mom brought me to see Annie in the early 1970's. I was hooked from then on. We lived close to Stratford and we went to at least one show each season. We also had a vibrant local theatre scene however I always dreamed of seeing shows on London's West End.

What have been the highlights of your musical theatre journey? 

I have had numerous highlights: I saw Colm Wilkinson and Rebecca Caine in The Phantom of the Opera numerous years ago.   I was also able to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in Detroit with Donny Osmond in the title role. I was able to see Spamalot in Toronto when Eric Idle was in the production.  

What shows do you recommend that are currently playing in the West End or Regionally? 

This spring I was able to live my dream of seeing shows on the west end. We saw The Lion King, Spamalot and Les Miserables as well as As You Like it at The Globe Theatre. As I have said before I found Spamalot to be such a great deal of fun and the use of current humour means you can see it again and again.

Are there any shows that you haven’t seen that you would like to? 

I would have loved to be able to see The Book of Mormon while we were in London but do have tickets to see it in Toronto next October. 


What have been your theatrical highlights in 2013? 
 

Recently I saw Ramin Karimloo and Earl Carpenter in Les Miserables in Toronto.

I would like to say thank to Wendy for taking part.  Please keep tuned for more interviews!





No comments:

Post a Comment