Thursday 13 December 2012

My Phantom Journey of 2012 (Part 3)


Bristol

Phantom and Neptune in Bristol!

I arrived in Bristol in very good time and checked in the Premier Inn on King Street in the Old Town.  After freshening up and getting my bearings I made my way to the Bristol Hippodrome via Bella Italia for my dinner!  I met up with Vivienne and Pearl briefly before the evening performance of The Phantom of the Opera.  Despite another uncomfortable seat (I then made a mental note that I will only book stall seats from now on!) I enjoyed the performance and the more I see the production the more it grow on me.  Vivienne, Pearl and I met up at Stage Door and we were able to chat to some members of the cast including Anthony Gabriele and John Owen Jones.  I remember Anthony Gabriele from Three Phantoms concert last year in Plymouth.  I also met Naomi who asked me to take a photo of her and Simon Bailey (Raoul) despite my limited experience using an I Phone as a camera lol!   In all it was a wonderful evening and I return to my hotel feeling very satisfied.

Pearl, Vivienne and Anthony Gabriele (Musical Director)



Phantom at the Hippodrome
 
Phantom advertised in the local car park!
  
 I spent the following day exploring Bristol.  I joined a city walking tour only to get caught in the rain but I enjoyed the tour visiting the old city and the harbourside.  I was fascinated with Bristol’s social history especially during the poignant times such as the Slave Trade and the decline of the docks activity.  After the walking tour, I did some individual exploration including a comfort stop at the Rummer Hotel, was the city’s oldest inn, for coffee and its wonderful courgette cake (just taste like carrot cake lol!) 


Queen Square, Bristol
 Photos of the Markets and The Exchange, Old City, Bristol

Later on in the day I did a city docks boat tour on the Floating Harbour which was a lot of fun! It was an interesting tour as we spotted the SS Great Britain on our travels.   

SS Great Britain, Bristol
Bristol Cathedral
Council Buildings, Bristol

On the Sunday I went across to Bath for a couple of days visiting sights I didn’t get chance to on past visits before returning home.

Rooftops of Bath
St Michael's and All Angels, Bath
Bath's Spa Quarter
 
Statue of Water Goddess outside Bath Abbey



No comments:

Post a Comment