Wednesday 13 February 2013

A Great, Phantastic & Wicked London Visit!

I arrived in London on Friday afternoon and went to see Great Expectations at the Vaudeville Theatre in the evening.  I thoroughly enjoyed the play and here's my review about it:

 Great Expectations at the Vaudeville Theatre, London

Saturday morning saw for me queuing for day tickets for Wicked at Apollo Victoria with James.  Afterwards I had a catch up and tea with James at Victoria Railway Station before making my way to the West End where I met up with friends whom I was planning to see The Phantom of the Opera matinee with.  

 Wicked at The Apollo Victoria

Me and the Girls ready for Phantom!

Per usual, the show was fantastic as ever!!!  The amazing cast keeps on improving in the show and they are growing on me including the understudies.  Marcus Lovett (Phantom) has improved a lot more from when I saw him in January.  His Music of The Night was amazing and you could tell his desire, as the phantom, to have Christine was so strong and this was so moving! His other acts were amazing and he just simply recreates The Final Lair! The chemistry between Marcus and Sofia Escobar (Christine) gets better and better!  I was moved to tears with both of them throughout from the beginning to the end! I left the theatre wanting more! And to see it again and again!  I'm planning another trip in April (My 56th or 57th visit!). I'm hoping he's on again but I'll be very happy with Scotty (Scott Davies) (Standby Phantom) another favourite Phantom of mine, if he isn't.

Nicola Rutherford (Understudy Carlotta) and I, Her Majesty's Theatre Stage Door

 Me and the Girls with Marcus Lovett (Phantom), Her Majesty's Theatre Stage Door

 After Her Majesty's Theatre Stage Door rituals we and the girls parted company and said our goodbyes.  I then joined my other friends, Lizzie and Sophia, and we made our way to Victoria for dinner. Lizzie then went home and Sophia and I joined James and for Wicked which is another amazing musical.  This was my 2nd time and I enjoyed it even more.  We met Gina Beck (Glinda) and Michelle Pentecost (Standby Elphaba and an excellent one!) at Stage Door afterwards.  Then we all parted ways for home and, for me, my hotel.  It was nice returning to the hotel on a high!  

James and I during the interval at Wicked

 Gina Beck (Glinda) and I at Apollo Victoria Stage Door

Michelle Pentecost (Standby Elphaba) and I at Apollo Victoria Stage Door

I'm looking forward to my next trip to London which should likely to be in April. It's nice sharing similar journeys with like minded people who share how I feel about seeing shows especially Phantom of the Opera and a favourite Phantom!  As well see a lot of Phantom in 2013, I also want to see a number of National Theatre productions too such as Othello, One Man Two Guvnors (again), The War Horse (again) and The Curious Incident of The Missing Dog in The Night Time.

 Now waiting for my next London Phantom adventure in April!




No comments:

Post a Comment